10225 Cleveland Rd.
Clayton, NC 27520
Fax (919) 553-2920
Before & After School Program
Our Before School Program hours will be 6:45 AM-8:20 AM. Our After School hours will be 3:50-6:00. As a reminder, our school hours are 8:50-3:55. Our program is designed to be a safe, stimulating environment for students whose family situations or schedules require child care before and/or after school. The After School Program will also have outside play time and homework time. The program will be supervised by Before and After School Staff Care staff members. All K-5 students who attend Cleveland Elementary are eligible to attend. Please read the attached information with more details about our programs. If you are interested in using these services, please complete the enclosed paperwork and return it as soon as possible. We will fill the slots on a first come first served basis. The fees are:
Hours of Operation: Before School 6:45-8:20 a.m.
After School 3:50-6:00 p.m.
Monthly Fees (due on the first day of the month)
The registration fee is $10 for Before Care and $10 for After School. If you join both Before and After School Care, then you will pay a registration fee of $15.
Before School $82
After School $112
Fees are pro-rated only for August and June.
August/September Before School $102 + (Registration fee $10) = $112
After School $140 + (Registration fee $10) = $150
Both $225 + (Registration fee $15) = $240
May/June Before School $102
After School $140
* As a reminder, kindergarten students don’t start school until September.
Drop in service $10 per session (no registration fee)
*Fees based on Johnston County Schools’ approved rate of $52 per hour per month.
*All fees are nonrefundable.
*We will continue to provide “drop in” care for students who need child care every once in a while. Parents are still required to fill out paperwork ahead of time. The fee is $10 per session.
- We do NOT provide services on workdays, holidays, early release or inclement weather days. If school is released early or county-wide afternoon activities are canceled by the superintendent due to inclement weather, after school care will not be provided.
- All fees are per child, and they are non-refundable. In order to have a place in the program, the first month’s fee must be paid prior to beginning. Fees are not pro-rated if a child begins the program in the middle of the month or leaves the program before the end of the month. There is no discount for multiple children.
- All checks should be payable to “CES” or “Cleveland Elementary School.”
- The only months that will be prorated are August and June. Fees will not be adjusted for reduced hours, absences, weather, cancellations, etc.
- Fees are due on the first day of each month. Late fees will start on the 5th day of the month. The late fee is $5 per day per child. If fees are not paid by the 10th of the month your child may be dismissed from the program.
- Students may not be dropped off before 6:45 a.m. or picked up after 6:00 p.m. The first time a student is dropped off early or picked up late, the parent will be given a warning. After the first warning, the parent will pay a charge of $1 per minute per child. After the 3rd occurrence, the student will be dismissed from the program.
- According to JCS Board Policy 4200 #6, students are not permitted to have electronic devices (Gameboy, etc.) at school. If a student brings an electronic device, it will be taken by a staff member and the parent will be called to pick it up from the office.
- *If a student is dismissed from the program, fees are not refunded.
STUDENT RULES – The program will be successful because parents, staff, and students adhere closely to the rules and guidelines of the program. Please discuss the importance of the following rules with your child:
· CES school rules and all aspects of the Johnston County Schools Code of Conduct will be enforced.
· Behavior problems will be discussed promptly with the parents.
· On the 3rd offense, the student will be dismissed from the program. This includes both the morning and afternoon programs if a student is enrolled in both.
· All parents will be required to leave updated emergency contact numbers with the staff.
· The program will be supervised by child care staff members who either work at the school during the regular school day or by high school students who have been through a thorough interview process and background check.
· Administration of medications can only be performed in accordance with the Board of Education policies.
· All students are to be picked up in the cafeteria. Parents must come inside and sign out their child. The parent must list those who are allowed to pick up their child. Identification will be checked.
Drop off (AM) 6:45-8:25 Early morning care students should enter the building through the staff door on the side of the front entrance.
Pick up (PM) Parents must park their vehicle in the front parking area and sign out their children in the cafeteria. After 5:50, staff will have students in the lobby for parents to sign out.
If a student is not picked up by 6:10, an after school care worker will call the parent to check on the arrival time and make sure everything is okay.
Afternoon Schedule: After school is dismissed, the students will proceed to the cafeteria and begin with snack time. It is the parent’s responsibility to provide a snack if you would like your child to have one. Students will then have time to complete homework assignments. Please remember that the staff members are supervising many students and may not be able to check your child’s homework. Unfortunately, the staff will be unable to provide one-on-one attention for homework assignments. Also, parents should make their child aware of the expectation that homework be completed after school, as the staff members cannot require students to do this. After homework time, students will go to the computer lab, gym, media center, play games in the cafeteria, watch a movie, or go outside.
Cleveland Elementary School
Before & After School Programs
Please check the correct program (s):
_____ Before School only _____ After School only _____ Before & After
Student’s Name: _______________________________________________________
Grade: ___________ Teacher: ______________________________________
Mother’s Name: _________________________________________________________
Mother’s Work Number: _____________________ Cell Phone: _____________________
Father’s Name: _________________________________________________________
Father’s Work Number: _____________________ Cell Phone: _____________________
Student’s Home Number: __________________________________________________
Medical Conditions or special needs: __________________________________________
Emergency Contact Name & Phone # ______________________________________
Doctor’s Name: ______________________________________________________
Hospital Preference: __________________________________________________
List any people who are permitted to pick up your child (ID will be checked)
I have read and understand all guidelines and procedures outlined in the Before & After School programs.
* Parent’s Signature: __________________________________________________